Who needs a visa application?
Form 80 is requested by Australian Department of Immigration and Border Protection for each visitor to Australia. It is a basic document for travelers, refugees and immigrants who plan to stay in Australia.
What is a visa application for?
It used in order to receive travel documents for visiting Australia, when seeking asylum, or when applying for permanent residence.
Is it accompanied by other forms?
It includes information from your passport (ID card) and from your tickets, so you have to be able to give copies of them if required.
When is the visa application due?
It is filed before entry to Australia if you are visiting for business or family matters. In case of seeking asylum or if a person decided to apply for a temporary residence, the submission of this form should be coordinated with the closest regional office of the Department of Immigration and Border Protection.
How do I fill out a visa application?
- Part A - Your details: give personal information from your current passport, other travel documents. Answer the questions about your citizenship and property, other personal documents, like birth registration, current address and telephone number, personal contacts in Australia.
- Part B - Your Partner’s Details. Provide personal information about your partner.
- Part C - Travel to Australia. Write the dates, hotel reservations, specify your reason for a trip.
- Part D - Current Visa Details. Fill out only if you have a visa already.
- Part E - Other Information. Write your travel history, employment history and addresses where you lived over the past 10 years, educational background.
- Part F - About Your Parents. Provide personal information about your parents.
- Part G - About Your Brothers and Sisters.
- Part H - About Your Children.
- Part I - Character Details. Answer the questions about criminal past, deportations, debts if any.
- Part J - Declaration. Put your signature here to declare that your information is complete, correct and up-to-date.
- Part K - Additional Details. Use this sheet if there wasn’t enough space for answering any of the previous questions.
Where do I send a visa application?
Send it to the Australian Department of Immigration and Border Protection.